Saturday, April 16, 2011

I need a (Guitar) Hero...

So Activision just officially put Guitar Hero on the shelf. In February, they announced they would no longer released DLC for the franchise, then backtracked and gave fans a couple more months of songs, but as of now, the series is on hiatus until further notice. They've said that it's not being cancelled, they're just "not making a new one for next year."



So makes you wonder, why the vacation for the series? Rock Band has been steadily gaining in popularity, and I'm not going to lie, I've played both and I do prefer Rock Band, but with Guitar Hero having sold over $2,000,000,000 in sales (Yes, that's 2 Billion with a B) it's sorta like shutting down a gold mine because you found diamonds in it instead....

Eh, we'll always have Guitar Hero III though, right?

-=Trap=-

16 comments:

  1. i must admit, i never played it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my friend get me achievements in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the series, but they milked it waaaay too much. A year or two off should be good I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never played it either
    That's an impressive amount of money from sales though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the popularity is just kinda phasing out, either that or i'm just to old for it now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the quality hasn't been that good with the latest releases most probably...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the popularity is lessening a lot. I remember when it was super popular, now you almost never hear people talking about it. That's probably why.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad they stopped making those. Warriors of rock or whatever their latest one was was great though. All the music that I listen to is on there

    ReplyDelete
  9. we will see it on the new consoles?

    ReplyDelete
  10. its a really good game but it gets old after a while

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im not into that kind of games, but i tried it once, and kinda liked it

    ReplyDelete
  12. sorry I do not really like with this game.but nice info.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ive moved on from Guitar Hero but when it first came out it was good fun.

    ReplyDelete